Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Fran


I have just returned home from a fantastic visit to Sydney for a party to celebrate my mother's 80th birthday . Mum loved seeing lots of friends & family in the lovely room overlooking the river & parkland .
My sister & I had made an early visit to the Sydney Flower Markets to choose the flowers for the tables. It wasn't difficult to find Mum's favourites , lots of beautiful roses & hydrangeas for the posies.



I also managed to fit in a class with Kathy Doughty at the sweet shop at Boronia Park ....Material Obsession . I plan to finish the hand pieced block today & will post a pic for Kathy ASAP . It was great to meet the Monday morning group & see their fantastic work. Hand piecing is new to me & I think I can love it !!
I was also able to feed my unhealthy obsession with Matryoska print fabric .... found at Quiltsmith in Annandale



and some other lovely bits to weigh down my suitcase .


I have a 2 week break from my day job & plan to get very busy in the sewing room .
I must away ......to cut up some more fabric

x0x0

No comments: