Saturday, May 23, 2009

Wild seas

Buckets of rain , flooding and wild seas around these parts the last week !

We have stayed dry & safe but a work mate had her car squished by a fallen tree in the car park ... aaaggghhhh . 



On the quilting front I am finally getting on with some stippling after some lessons & advice from nice sewing machine lady ,  still far from perfect but getting there .
I have also joined a group of lovely quilters run by a very talented & sweet quilting teacher .So I'm hoping to improve my techniques & learn lots of new skills.



I finished this blue Liberty stars to send off to the UK for a newborn boy.





I need now to get on with the Brother-In-Law quilt .I will make a pieced back made of these really , really beautiful fabrics that arrived in the post this week from Purl Soho
Cake Rock Beach , I have been wanting an excuse to get me some of this for sometime.








Wild seas, originally uploaded by small quilts.

3 comments:

One Flew Over said...

The weather up North has been dreadful...perfect for staying in and stitching though :) Your star quilt looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

Oh that weather looks a drama! loving the cake rock beach, great fabrics for a quilt!!

Anonymous said...

The cake rock beach dots are a favorite.

The weather is getting nice here, not so much sewing happening.