Thursday, September 10, 2009

bougainvillaea pinks


This simple little quilt has been a long time in the making , my original idea was to machine quilt in the ditch & add hand quilting in scattered blocks .
As a hand quilting novice I think I made the wrong choice in batting & it was palm achingly hard to finish all the blocks that I would have liked .
So , it needs to make it's way to it's new owner & can't wait any longer .
I hope she likes it ..... I love the combination of brilliant colours & some pastels thrown in .



4 comments:

Andi said...

Those are some stunning looking flowers and a stunning looking quilt.
I love the combination of machine and hand quilting.
Andi :-)

Unknown said...

it looks wonderful, Lorraine!

Kate Quilts said...

It's lovely, Lorraine. I would be thrilled to receive a gift like that.

Anonymous said...

I love the design, it really shows of the boldness of some of those patterns and the cute heart embroidery, definately worth the agony!!!