Thursday, April 1, 2010

loving the stillness

all is quiet

most things are closed here & boat traffic on the river is not yet busy (noisy)




this little quilt top has been quilted simply & just bound after languishing on the shelf for months



babushka backing for a new baby girl called Annabelle


I have been practicing my free motion quilting & hope to finish a largish quilt over the easter weekend

all that will be missing is Ruth's calm voice telling me to "slow your hands "

Ruth is the ever so patient quilting teacher I see most weeks at a small quilting group , she assures me that it will get better !

I am impatient for that day.

So I hope you have a peaceful & chocholatey Easter

4 comments:

machen und tun said...

this little hello betty-babuschka quilt is lovely!! i love the binding, too.
happy easter to you, enjoy!!

eva said...

perfect babuschka backing!!!

Theresa said...

I love your value quilt Lorraine. What a lucky baby!

Annie said...

I love that quilt! I have just finished machine quilting a large quilt this weekend, and am so pleased it's done. My next will be smaller.