Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a catch up

Seems a while since I blogged .... a weekend away , day job & the flu have been filling my time

Work on the orange dotty dresden quilt is coming along , I struggled with the applique at first.
I also struggled fitting the finished plate on the pattern block size
Next time I'll definitely cut them a little larger

I wanted to machine stitch & searching for the best result on my machine was becoming exceedingly frustrating

I finally accepted an offer to using a friends machine which has an almost perfect & invisible little applique stitch.

All the dresden plates are now appliqued & awaiting their orange centres

below you can see the block layout  

there are a total of 30 blocks for the finished layout


This pillow is a birthday present for my friend who is a green freak 
I think it's green enough 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Dotty Quilt is looking Great...
cheers

machen und tun said...

wow, the dresden plate quilt looks so very nice already, can´t wait for the quilted piece!! and the pillow is lovely: so very clear, soothing and, well, green :-) love it!
claudia