Saturday, May 19, 2012

bloggers quilt festival spring 2012


Amy is hosting the Quilt Festival once again , a feast of quilts to browse for all .

Thanks Amy , we think you are brilliant !!


Amy's Creative Side



This is the wonky cross quilt that I made for my youngest daughter

both she & I have an unhealthy obsession with 

Liberty fabric

Over the years I have collected many of the prints & lots ( but not all ) are present in this quilt

This quilt is all about the prints !



The loopy all over quilting was done by Leone Ward 

Leone's quilting is magic!



The backing is  shot cotton , which is as light & silky as the Tana Lawn .

This quilt is really soft & light as a feather



Here she is receiving the quilty parcel at work 


It's goodbye from me , I'm off to do some serious browsing 

xxx






12 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Really pretty. She did a beautiful job on the quilting...

Mom said...

looks very snuggly!

Check out my blog if you can...

Margaret Gunn
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com

Annabella said...

It`s simply stunning - I made a Liberty lawn quilt for a friend and it feels so luxurious and soft. Really lovely quilt!

Nova said...

so so pretty, I adore this one Lorraine xxx

charlestongrl said...

very pretty!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

I have yet to even touch a piece of Liberty. Your quilt is lovely.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful - love the liberty and the shot cotton on the back!

Robin said...

Oooo... I can just imagine how soft and snuggly this one is. Just lovely!

cat in tassie said...

Looks like it was a hit with your daughter! Lovely quilt.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

It's lovely.

Jill said...

Lovely quilt! And your quilter did an amazing job.

Lily said...

Really pretty and a great use of your Liberty stash! I need to use some of mine! : )