Wednesday, October 3, 2012

bloopers



What becomes of the blocks that don't quite make it ??

In this house they usually become pillows 

This the fate of this less than stellar  little quilt top  

It was a try out for the DUDQS3 



I love all the fabrics BUT the choice of the black & pink print 

don't allow the shape & points of the design to be seen.

The light blobs in the fabric pattern obscure the points.

Also , my points were way off & much fudging was necessary

This design needs a solid or similar to shine like the orange & yellow blocks .

It's a simple but valuable lesson 

I have come to love this black carolina chambray by Robert Kaufman

I used it in the borders of this little quilt top & in these zip pouches 



happy stitching
xxx

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh I have plenty of those starts that don't become anything. After some time I end up just tossing them in the trash! Yikes! Your pouches are so cute and I agree with you on the RK Chambray...it is lovely!