Thursday, March 13, 2014

improv baby


This little improv pieced baby quilt was commisioned for a baby girl in Victoria
The pictures aren't perfect . This quilt has such a gentle , subtle look that doesn't translate well in these photos.The original inspiration comes from a quilt I had pinned from Blue Elephant Stitches.
I love just about everything I see there !!


I used a wavy stitch on my Bernina to give some quilty texture



The dollie blocks are from the book Material Obsession by Kathy Doughty & Sarah Fielke
a quilt design called The Burbs


The backing is a Liberty Tana lawn & it has a scrappy binding from past quilts .



 zip pouch was whipped up to feed my current love of pink & black 


Happy stitching & thanks for reading 
xxx

3 comments:

The Witch on the Barn said...

A lovely quilt for a baby girl!

Claire said...

Your baby quilt is lovely, the wavy stitching gives a great textural effect to the quilt.

Mavi. said...

Muy bonito.