Friday, January 7, 2011

look away

that is ,  if you are offended by large piles of delicious new fabric
because the postman has had a workout in my area the last week or two
delivering my December purchases

finally I've got some Sherbet Pips by Aneela Hoey & it does not disappoint 
it has Aneela's quirky charm by the bucket load
some charm squares for a possible baby quilt




my obsession with grey continues & these lovelies came from Patchwork on Central Park bought on a recent trip to Melbourne




This linen & collection of neutral / grey liberty prints came from Purl Soho

the delicate & subtle shades of blue , sea green & the  palest lilac of the linens are killing me softly 




here is the much anticipated  Greenfield Hill 
for me there is much to love in the mid & light shades . I am unaccustomed to using black in my quilts but am willing to be nudged there with these & I'm certain they will work beautifully together & apart
As predicted I do love the blues 








These last pics are of the wall quilt I bought myself for Christmas from The Silly BooDilly
aka Victoria Gertenbach an art quilter from Pennsylvania 
this quilt is made in the Boro style  which is Japanese 
go here to read more & see Victoria's work which I love .




I look & look at this quilt and am mesmerised every time 



back soon
xoxo


No comments: